The Public Consultation on our new Local Plan – previously due to end on 5 September – has been extended by two weeks. If you haven’t already sent in your views, you now have until 19 September to do so.
Kempton Park has been ruled out as a site for development. So far, so good.
It is vital that the Planning Inspector understands how important an issue Kempton Park is amongst the residents of Sunbury. It is so important that you express your opinion. Every single submission counts.
Please use the Representation Form provided by the Council. You can also download it from the KKG website. You can then:
a) Fill it in online, save it, and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
b) Print it out, fill it in, and post it to:
Spelthorne Borough Council
If you support Kempton Park being excluded as a site for development, our suggestions are as follows:
* Please type “Kempton Park” into the box marked “Other (Please specify) in Question 3 of Part B.
* Please reply YES to all questions in question 4a of Part B.
* Please write your reasons why Kempton Park should NOT be developed in the box at Question 5 of Part B.
No need to write in to the Planning Inspector at length. Keep it short.
You don’t need any reminding of the reasons thousands of houses should not be built on Kempton Park. They would:
* destroy a vital section of Green Belt
* increase the traffic load on the A308 Staines Road East, especially the pinch points at Sunbury Cross, Hampton, and the Hampton Court roundabout.
* put unstainable pressure on all areas surrounding the estate, through extra flooding risk and pressure on overloaded infrastructure.
* permanently and negatively change the character of areas surrounding the estate.
You will no doubt have your own comments.
All the details of how to respond to the Consultation can be found at https://www.spelthorne.gov.uk/localplan
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask us at email@example.com .